Spherical Carbon Adsorbent
Is an oral prescription drug that has been marketed in Japan since 1991 for the treatment of patients with chronic renal failure (CRF) for two indications:
- to prolong the time to initiation of hemodialysis
- to improve uremic symptoms
- Dose: Adult 2g TID.
- Contraindication: Transit disorder in the digestive tract.
- Special Precaution: Peptic ulcer or esophageal varix; predisposition to constipation. Patients diagnosed as progressive chronic renal failure who are in the conservative therapy. Caution in physical status during long‐ term treatment. Pregnancy & lactation. Children. Elderly.
- Adverse Reaction: GI disorders eg. constipation, anorexia, nausea, vomiting & enlarged feeling of abdomen.
- Presentation: Fine granules (sachet) 2 g x 84's.
For more information, please visit: